Sunday, March 2, 2008

bye-bye to the bee-bee

We did it! After putting it off and procrastinating as long as I could (to many eye-rolls and exasperated sighs from Jeremy), Kadin and I took the plunge. On our way outside to go for a walk this afternoon, we stopped by the garbage can and threw in all our binkys. Kadin was very enthusiastic about the first two, but hesitant when he had to take the one out of his mouth and throw it away. The walk helped get his mind off of it and he has only asked for it once since then. We haven't hit bedtime, which I am still a little apprehensive about, but we did pray earlier that this whole process would go smoothly so I'm trying to be positive and have faith (does it sound silly to have faith about something like throwing away bee-bees? Well, we are taught to pray about EVERYTHING . . .). I think you all were right about having Kadin throw them away and that this whole thing would be easier for him than for me. We'll see if I still have that opinion tomorrow when I'm on my own without Jeremy!

4 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

I hope the bedtime went well... that's always the hardest part! Good luck!

Miriam said...

Good luck. I keep thinking we need to wean Hannah off of her "pluggy," but I'm not sure how to do it. She's only allowed to have it at bed/naptime and in the car (mostly for my sanity) and she's very attatched to it. I think she's still too young to get it if we just throw them away so I'm not sure what to do. Suggestions welcome and I hope you have success too!

Andi Sherwood said...

Yeah for you and Kadin! Let us know how it is going. :) If he has a hard time with it, tell him they went "bye bye" and have him say it to them again. Make sure he has a blanky or something else too. :)

Love you, sis.

:)

Lori Thornbrue said...

Hi Chelsea, This is Annie's mom. I enjoyed reading your thoughts as you take care of your little boy. Taking care of children is a lot harder than it looks from the outside looking in. You are a good mom......I can tell. Take care, Lori