Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our own Ensign article

We have been waiting and waiting and waiting for someone . . . anyone . . . to take a look at our house. It's been a few weeks and we have had no calls. Jeremy was getting really frustrated and been debating about whether to drop the price of the house just so we can get it sold and get out of here before more new development comes in. So he had the great thought that he would get up super early this morning (4:30!) and go do a temple session in hopes that it would help him with the decision. He also was fasting (he had to today for his life insurance medical checkup this afternoon, he just decided to do it with purpose as well) for the same reason. Lo and behold, at 12:30 this afternoon, the phone rings and we got our first showing tonight! Who knows if anything will come of it, but I told Jeremy that we need to be careful what we wish for because someone is obviously listening!

That call was a mixed blessing. It was great to finally have some interest in our house so we aren't just sitting around twiddling our thumbs wondering if putting it on the market was a good idea. But it was stressful at the same time because as a result of the lack of calls, I had slacked off on the keeping the home "show ready" thing. I had to work like crazy to get the house back to beautiful (there are a lot of mismatched socks "hiding" in my top drawer for lack of anywhere else to put them!). Luckily, the lacrosse banquet was tonight so we didn't have to worry about where to be when the people came through.

3 comments:

Cari said...

I am so excited for you guys. Hope all went well with the showing. I know it must be hard to get everything perfect with a 2 year old. Hang in there. I am thinking about you!!! Have a great day!

Sarah and Doug said...

How did the showing go? I'll keep my fingers crossed it sells quick!

Andi Sherwood said...

Awesome! I hope things move forward. Selling a house is the pits. :)

Love you lots, sis!

:)