Monday, May 5, 2008

things to look forward to . . .

Before I get to the things to come, let me just say how amazing a day it was today! The temperature shot up to the mid-70's and it was clear and sunny and AWESOME! After nap time Kadin and I headed out to the park (actually several parks) and spent the rest of the afternoon running, playing and just enjoying the sunshine! Of course, the forecast is for clouds and rain the rest of the week, but as long as we are headed towards sunshine, I'm okay!

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day and I am a little apprehensive about what we've got. The first thing is Kadin and I start swimming lessons tomorrow. Jeremy had the idea a while ago to get Kadin acclimated to the water because Jeremy loves to swim and that would be something really fun we could all go in the summer time. So I looked up THPRD and found a Baby and Me swimming class. So every Tues. and Thurs. Kadin and I will be splashing around in the pool! When we went today to get signed up, he saw the pool through the window and got really excited about it (actually got really mad that he couldn't get in right that second!), so I hope it will go well.

The other reason I am really apprehensive about the whole swimming thing is the typical female insecurity about getting in a swimsuit. I haven't been in one since we went to Hawaii last year and I probably set a record there for the least amount of time in a swimsuit. I'm hoping that because our class is in the morning there are as few people around as possible! And that everyone is more focused on the cute babies in the water than the people holding them!

The second thing is I have to go in tomorrow night for a sleep study. For a while I have been abnormally sleepy during the day. I sleep about 9-10 hours a night, plus I usually take a nap during the day and it is still all I can do to keep my eyes open sometimes. So I went to see my doctor and he suggested that I might have sleep apnea. I check in tomorrow night for a "good night's sleep" in a lab hooked up to a bunch of monitors. I am crossing my fingers that they figure something out, because dozing off at a red light really isn't the safest thing!

I'll let you know how it all turns out! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Andi Sherwood said...

Good luck! Let me know how it all goes. :) I hope your class goes well. Justis didn't particularly care for the mommy/tot swimming class I took him too but he tends to be a bit ornery about those kind of things. :)

I bet you'll look better than me in a swimsuit so relish that thought tomorrow when you go. :) It should bring a smile to your face. :)

I love you, sis.

:)

Michaelangelo said...

The swimming lessons sound great! I would love to do that with my kids... my problem is what to do with the other two when I'm in the water with one! And I hope that your sleep test goes well- good luck sleeping in a lab- that's what I'd have a hard time with I guess. I once cleaned the teeth of a sleep lab nurse and she said that most people have no problem sleeping normally. Hopefully they can find out what's going on and get you better.
Love the sunshine while it lasts!

Cari said...

If people are staring its not because they think you look bad in a swimsuit.... please!!! Most likely quite the opposite. If I were in Portland with you, Id take the class, and then people really wo uld have something to look at....

oh and i hope that the study goes well, good luckw ith that lab!!!

Sarah and Doug said...

I think we ALL worry about the swimsuit thing! I have been working my butt off lately and it's not coming off, and I'm getting pretty scared for that time to come when I have to don a swimsuit. It's just not near as fun as it used to be. Good luck with the swimming lessons and your sleep study! I feel like that too- sleep lots at night and still tired during the day, maybe I need to look into that!

J. said...

Let me know what you think of the sleep class. It's funny because I was thinking that I might have sleep apnea too. I am embarrassed to say how many times I have fallen asleep at the red light coming home from work.