Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A rare treat for us in Oregon; substantial snow! I was very doubtful that the weatherman's predictions would come to fruition, but I was proved wrong when it snowed all day Sunday and accumulated a good couple inches. Kadin was very excited and we took him out to play for a few minutes (not very long because it was very windy and very cold!). He loved to make "no-balls" and would have probably stayed out there until he froze if we let them. It's fun to see everything all white and frozen outside, but I forgot how miserable the cold is!



The other big happening here was Kadin got one of his Christmas presents early when Jeremy decided to build his big boy bed on Monday. Since the weather was nasty, Jeremy stayed home and decided that it would be a good time to tackle that project (I think he didn't want anything to get in the way of his video game playing during Christmas break). So Jordan came over and they dismanteled the crib and built his new bed. Kadin was so excited and couldn't wait to climb up and jump on it. And surprisingly he did great when we put him to bed for the first time in it. We tucked him in like normal and he looked a little nervous as we walked out the door. He cried for a while, which is unusual for him, but he never got up and once he was asleep, he didn't wake up until morning! And nap time went pretty smoothly too; I only had to go in and put him back to bed once! Yeah for him!
I have to say, I have been excited for Kadin to make the transition from the crib to a big boy bed, but once the bed was up and I looked at his room without the crib, I had a pretty emotional moment (like I stood in the middle of the room and cried). My baby isn't a baby anymore and this was a concrete reminder that he is growing up fast! I am excited and happy about everything, but I still miss all the sweet baby moments (isn't is funny how we only remember the good and forget everything else).

2 comments:

Jason and Jessica Bills said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason and Jessica Bills said...

I heard that she is here! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see pictures!