Sunday, June 21, 2009

My oddball child

I got Kadin a little pool for our back deck because it has been so hot lately, and he loves to play in the water. It took a couple days for us to find the time to set it up, but we got it filled on Saturday. Of course Saturday was the day that it decided to cloud up and get cold. That didn't stop Kadin from wanting to get in! So he suited up and climbed in. Undaunted by the cold, he splashed around for a while and probably would have kept going if we didn't pull him out (the chattering teeth and blue lips were a pretty good sign that it was time). I think we will be spending quite a bit of time out on our back deck this summer.


Kadin thrilled to be in the pool!

Jeremy showed Kadin how to fully immerse himself in the experience


Kadin was pretty proud of his "crazy hair" after dunking his head


To go with the pool, I got Kadin some goggles. Instead of being used in the water, he has dubbed them "woggle-goggles" (in honor of Scott's Wobble-Goggles from Imagination Movers, one of his new favorite shows) and decided they have more application in watching TV and looking for missing items.





2 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

Fun! We keep waiting for the warm weather... it hasn't happened yet. Love the goggles Kadin!

Jeff and aimie said...

That is so funny!! It totally reminds me of me when I was little. I loved swimming in those little pools!! So much fun!!