Monday, February 18, 2008

Back to real life

Me and my Valentine!

Elephant ears on the Seaside Boardwalk




I love the Oregon coast!!!


On Sunday Jeremy and I got back from our little escape to the beach and it was a happy-sad return. It was sad because it was great to have a couple days on a "grown-up" schedule (well, we still have to have the daily nap, but I did stay up past 10 p.m. every night. I know how lame am I that it is a big deal for me to do that!). Jeremy got to play X-box and I got to do some scrapbooking and we just got to recharge our batteries (or refill my spoon drawer to reference my last post). It has been a while since we have both had enough time/energy to do those personal time things, at least for bigger chunks of time, so that was great.



It was happy because I was so ready to see my funky monkey Kadin again. On Thursday when we dropped him off at Mom Sherwood's (thank you, thank you, thank you a million times over for taking him for us!), Jeremy and I did the little dance of freedom as we drove away, but by the end of the weekend, I would have given anything to get a sticky sweet kiss and a hug.



We left on Thursday morning and headed out to Seaside. It was kind of a fun adventure for both of us because most every time we have gone to the beach with our families we have gone to Lincoln City, so it was fun to try something new. Jeremy had found this little beach house for us to rent; it was small with just one real bedroom and bathroom, but it was great for us. Theoretically there was a ghost living there (according to the guest book they had there), but we had no encounters (little disappointed). Like I said before, we spent a lot of time just hanging out. I had good intentions to do some serious reading this weekend (like read something that requires more attention than split between keeping an eye on Kadin, blow-drying my hair and reading at the same time), but that didn't happen. I didn't get as much scrapbooking done as I wanted to do (I was hoping to get all the way through high-school). But I did get some serious sleeping, which I sorely needed, and Jeremy and I got time to just be with each other. During the week, life gets crazy with Kadin and work and me going to bed right after Kadin, we really don't get a ton of time to just be with each other so this was great! An awesome Valentine's day!


3 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

Wow that sounds like a great Valentine's weekend!! I am intensely jealous of you guys living so close to the beach!! We miss the coast SO much... so, hopefully this summer we'll be able to make a trip to the CA coast or something and let our kids play. Sounds like you had a relaxing breakaway-- isn't it funny how you can get so tired of the daily childcare, but then miss them so much when you're gone. I guess that's why we all hang in there during the hard times. :) As for us, we're just playing the waiting game... the suspense is pretty fun-- we know it can't be too much longer before baby #3. We're excited!!

Andi Sherwood said...

I'm so glad you had fun. It sounds like a great trip. The pictures were great too!

:)

Cari said...

Gee, that sounds like a much deserved R&R break. That is awesome you had the chance to have actual adult time. I wish I could leave Jacob longer than a day somewhere, that would be awesome :)I am like you, I get way too antsy to see my little guy. Heck, even after a trip to the temple I am ready to see him. Pathetic I know, especially when days lately are filled with hitting and tantrums. Fabulous! Glad you had fun,you guys look great!