Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A little less help . . .

I hate to fold laundry. Hate it with a passion! I have no problem doing the laundry, but I somehow can't get it from the clean clothes basket to the drawers. So tonight I made myself sit down and fold some of the mountain of clothes in the corner of our room. It was right before Kadin's bedtime and he was sitting on the bed watching one of his shows. As I was just about to wrap it up for the night, he noticed that I had piles of clothes folded around me and started saying "help, help". He has been really good lately about following instructions so I gave him a couple towels and told him to go put them in his bathroom. He starts that way, then spies the empty clothes basket and dumps the towels in there. He then proceeds to run around and pick up clothes that I had JUST folded, by the corners nonetheless so that they are no longer folded, and put them in the basket. I tried to run faster than him and get the clothes put away in the drawer, but not before the basket got full of clothes . . . .AGAIN. Exasperating as it was, I couldn't get mad at his enthusiasm to help, even if it wasn't really helping.

By the way, I've got life back in perspective and am dealing a lot better with everything. It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do.

3 comments:

Andi Sherwood said...

I've had that kind of help before! Mac likes to help too... He'll get a big drink of water and then, with the water trailing from his jowls, come over to the clean clothes pile and shake his face so the excess falls... yup, right on the clean clothes. :) I feel your pain! I love you!

:)

Sarah and Doug said...

I have the same problem as you! The clothes make it out of the dryer, but into a corner of the room where we are so lazy we just dig through it to find what we need until it's time to start all over and do the laundry again! At least you make an effort to put them away!!

Michaelangelo said...

Can't tell you how many times I've had too much help with the laundry too... it's such a pain to fold everything twice! They're cute but highly destructive!