Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Things that make you go "grrrrrr"

Kadin and I were at the park today enjoying one of the few semi-sunny days we have had lately when another mother showed up with her mom and four kids. They set their kids loose to play, sat down at the picnic table, and pulled out their cigarettes and beer. While their kids ran around crazy (and one tried several times to crash into Kadin as she went down the slide), they sat there drinking and smoking and having a good old time. I was SO ANGRY! This was like the third or fourth time that we have had to leave that park because of someone smoking there. People who smoke around kids make me want to SCREAM! I mean if you want to mess up your own body with all of that; fine, that is your choice. But give your kids a chance! ARGH!!!!

5 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

There is nothing worse than that! It makes me sick when I see that too. What a way to ruin a nice park day! I also hate it when I see parents smoking with their kids in a car. Suffocation! Poor little kids.

Miriam said...

I feel the same way. It makes me so mad! I usually end up staring at them and giving them dirty looks combined with a coughing attack and they finally get the very subtle hint and stop or move away! I'm so glad that I don't have that kind of addiction. My addiction to sweets is bad enough!

Cari said...

Thats too bad that that's their idea of "family togetherness" instead of being on the playground with their kids, they are enjoying a few beers and lung cancer. Sad sight to see isnt it?

Cari said...

P.S. my playground experience yesterday was humourous, Jacob licked a little girl cause she was in her face being a dog. Jacob knows that dogs lick so he licked her. HA, shows her for barking in my sons face.

Andi Sherwood said...

I completely agree. How horrible!

:)