Thursday, July 31, 2008

Couple of giggles for the day

My first giggle actually came from yesterday, but I thought it earned a spot in the giggle-hall-of-fame (maybe I'll start one of those and everyone can add their funniest moments and then we can all laugh until we pee). Kadin was awake from his nap and talking to himself, just waiting for me to come and get him. I went in and said "hello", he looked up at me and said "mommy, stinky poo-poo (the phrase Mom Sherwood taught him which he nows uses all the time to tell me the status of his diapers). I tell him not to worry, we'll get the stinky poo-poo cleaned up. This had all occured before I had gotten around the corner of the crib and saw him (if you can tell where this is leading up to; just wait, there is a twist!). As I came into view I saw him sitting down holding up his hands and he clarified "Mommy, stinky poo-poo hands" Somehow he had managed to get poop all over his hands. I whisked him out of bed, over to the sink and washed the nastiness all off. Then I went back and checked his bed for more stinky poo-poo but, and here's the twist, there was none. His blankets, all three of them, his two stuffed animals, and his pillow were all pristinely clean! I could not figure out how the little Houdini did it! He's a tricky one!

The other giggle happened this afternoon when I was at my mom's house. Kadin asked for a yogurt and Devin was picked to get one since he was closest to the fridge. After much rooting around and struggle, he got a yogurt . . . . and then dropped a container of bluberries all over the floor. We all just looked for a second, you know the surprised shocked look of a fairly large mess being made, and then at the top of his voice Kadin yells out "OH CRAP" and not just once, but several times in rapid succession. "OH CRAP, OH CRAP, OH CRAP!" I was stunned, amused and a little embarassed (not too much because it was with my mom and brother). I tried to swallow my laughter and tell Kadin that we say whoop-e-doo when we drop things. But he seemed much happier when he let the c-word fly. So I apologize in advance if he ever offends your ears with this statement, I am trying to teach him social appropriateness and all of that, but it could take some time.

I got asked a couple questions about my pregnancy since I wrote about it last time. I am 15 weeks pregnant and am finally starting to gain weight! It's the craziest thing, but the best diet I have ever been on is when I am pregnant. It's not because I am not eating because I really don't get horribly morning sick and usually can eat normally. For some reason I drop about 10 pounds during the first trimester and then it starts creeping back after that. So I am really happy that the numbers on the scale are beginning to climb (this will probably be the only time that I am going to say that!). So far, everything is going really well. I am still a high-risk pregnancy because of everything else rocking around in my body, but I have the same great doctor I had last time and we have the added benefit of being able to look back at Kadin's pregnancy to give us a guide of what we can reasonably expect this time around. We are hoping for smooth sailing, like last time, and hoping to avoid, but planning for just in case, some bed rest towards the end. So far, everything is going well. All my lab tests have come back completely normal and the two ultrasounds we've gotten thus far show nothing but good things. We go back on the 27th to get the "big" ultrasound, when we find out what we are going to have. But all in all, I am doing well and feeling pretty good, all things considered.

1 comment:

Michaelangelo said...

What a funny kid! Glad you can laugh about gross things :) Kids will say anything they want to- it's so hard sometimes! So glad your pregnancy is going so well so far! I'll be praying for you not to go on bedrest! Speaking from experience, it is no fun, especially with a kid (kids) running around wondering why mommy can't play. Are you hoping for another boy or a girl this time?