Monday, August 4, 2008

And off we go!

So after many false promises and much delaying, Kadin and I have embarked on the potty training adventure! This morning we went to Target and got some fun green hand soap, a poster to mark his "successes" and fun animal stickers as a reward. I decided that the timer method would probably work the best for him since he is so impatient and has such a short attention span. So every fifteen minutes when the bell goes off, we troop off to the potty, sit down, sing three rounds of the "Super Why" Alpha pig alphabet song and then up we go and on with our day. So far, nothing has happened, but I am counting it successful so far because he is learning to go to the potty at regular intervals, and is sitting on the potty for increasingly longer periods of time without getting impatient. I'll keep you updated on the progress (leaving out all the gory details that are better left unsaid) as we tackle this whole new challenge. Jeremy and my goal is to have him pretty well trained by the time the new baby comes. We are hoping to avoid the double diaper duty! We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Cari said...

Chels, We are embarking on the same adventure it seems. Although, I dont think Jacob could stand to sit on the potty for one Alpha pig Alphabet. I should try that. Good thoughts. I should get fun soap and make it more of an adventure. There is something to be said about the motivation of a sick pregnant mom not wanting to change a double dose of diapers to get the potty training job well done. HA. Hope all is well. Love you!

Michaelangelo said...

Good luck! It is quite an adventure... I've got to start on Brennan one of these days!