Monday, October 20, 2008

So I forgot that the blog adds pictures to the TOP of the list instead of the bottom, so the order of these pictures is backwards, and I don't want to take the time to change it. If you want to see them chronologically, just go from the bottom up!

Daddy's pumpkin: Jack Skellington from "Nightmare before Christmas"
Mommy's pumpkin
Kadin's pumpkin


Kadin cautiously scooping out the insides of the pumpkin
(after feeling what was in there, he decided he wasn't so
interested in carving pumpkins after all)

What's inside? Before we opened them up, he
told Jeremy and me that there was a baby in there;
maybe a reference to the similarity to my stomach?

Carving out the top of the pumpkin
I promise there was more adult supervision
than this picture implies

Kadin showing off his pumpkin and best smile



When I asked Kadin to smile for me in this picture,
this forced kind of grimace; at least he tries!


Me, Jeremy and Kadin with our chosen pumpkins


Kadin found his pumpkin!

"How 'bout this one?" Kadin thought EVERY
pumpkin in the entire patch was worth our
consideration

Jeremy and Kadin on the hunt for the perfect pumpkin

We had a great time picking out and carving our pumpkins! I still cannot believe that Halloween is next week and then the whole holiday craziness begins. I am really excited for the holidays this year, but not quite sure that I am ready to get ready for them; if that makes any sense! The next three months are going to be really busy!










3 comments:

Jeff and aimie said...

those are such cute pictures. I love the picture of kadin when he found his pumpkin. Cant wait to see you guys.

Cari said...

I love carving pumpkins. I am glad other people enjoy it too. Kadin is such a cutie pie. I cant believe how cute he is! Well, yes I can, look at his parents! ANyway, hope life is good for you, sorry I have been slacking on the phone call idea, contractions are kililng me and I bet the next time I actually contact you this little guy will be born, I wish I was better at keeping in touch, anyway.... we will get in touch! Promise! Hope your pregnancy is going well. I think about you guys often, wish I would come out to Portland more, but that doesnt look like its goign to happen soon...

Michaelangelo said...

Oh I love the fall for all the fun and new things for kids to do! Great pumpkins!! I did the witch one last year Chelsea-- how funny is that? Yours turned out much better though. I'm not a great pumpkin carver.

Amen to the holidays coming up WAY too fast!!