Friday, October 10, 2008

great gift from a great husband

Last week Jeremy told me that he had ordered me a surprise to help me out. He wouldn't give me any more clues than "see a need, fill a need" (from "Robots") and he said that he had seen my need and tried to fill it. I was curious to see which need he had tried to fill (there are so many to choose from) so when the big package arrived a couple days ago, I was very excited to see what he had chosen.
My wonderful hubbie had seen (and probably felt) my need for comfort when I sleep. Since being pregnant, I have experienced the very common problem of not being able to find a comfortable position to sleep in. After a lot of tossing and turning and sticking nearly all the pillows we own around me, I still could not get more than a couple hours rest without waking up aching in some place. So Jeremy found this . . .


a body pillow that wraps around to hit all the important things; back, knees and belly. I was so happy!!! It finally afforded me a good night's sleep (minus the getting up to go to the bathroom, blow my nose and take drinks of water)! Thank you to my very observant and very wonderful husband!

It kind of makes me laugh that even though I am 5 months pregnant, I still shock some people when I tell them I am expecting. I know that I am a very subtle pregnant person, I don't tend to announce it to the world loudly and I really don't get very big at all. Now that it's getting colder, I could probably wear sweaters and sweatshirts all the time and no one would ever notice the bump. But even though I may not look pregnant, there are days when I feel SOOOOOO pregnant with the back aches and the little bundle of joy shifting all her tiny wieght right onto my bladder. There are nights when I feel like my stomach is stretched so tightly that I wouldn't be surprised if I popped right open! Those are the days when I wonder where the "glow" that everyone attributes to pregnant women is, people who said that probably never had a basketball strapped to their stomach! But then there are times when I do remember why it is fun to be pregnant; when I get to see the ultrasounds and remember that there is an actual little tiny person in there, when I feel her rolling around and nudging me, when I see all the adorable little girl clothes we are accumulating! I held a friend's baby the other day and was amazed at how light and tiny he was. I am excited for my own little tiny baby to snuggle with!

No comments: