Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Happy Easter! Okay I know I'm late, but really is that such a surprise from me? As always, this weekend was a little chaotic (in a good way) and now I can finally breathe enough to take the time to write about it.


Friday night we had one of Jeremy's old college friends, Amy, come and visit with her husband, Jared. Their story completely breaks my heart and inspires me all at the same time. Five weeks after they got married Jared was in a car accident and was severely brain damaged and paralyzed. Now Amy has full time care of him, while she is trying to finish up her degree at Utah State. Just watching her manuever him out of the car and into our house made me marvel at how much she has taken on and how much I admire her for stepping up to the challenge. This was certainly not the life she signed up for or imagined, but she seems to be rising to the challenge and making the best of what she has been given. I wish I could deal with my own small trials with as much strength.


Saturday, Kadin got up at the crack of dawn (it is a sad day when your 3 month old sleeps longer than your 3 year old!) and came into bed with us. Since he got up so early, we knew he was going to take a nap earlier, but unfortunately he crashed right as we had to go to our ward activity. Both kids were screaming as we headed to the church and I have to admit, it was pretty tempting to swing the car around and head home. But we went, and it turned out pretty well. Kadin got to play with his new favorite person; Matthew. He lives down the street and every day Kadin tells me how much he loves Matthew and how much Matthew loves him. That night Matthew came over with his dad so the boys could play while the dads watched the Lumberjax game. The boys got to dye eggs and fight clankers (Star Wars) and the Lumberjax won; pretty good night.


Sunday we did an Easter egg hunt for Kadin in his room and I got to take a huge nap on the couch with Kylee. I slept a little too long and ended up being totally rushed for church. I didn't get to take the cute pictures of the kids all dressed up like I had planned, but oh well. I can always dress them up during the week! After church we went to Mom and Dad Sherwood's house and had a fantastic Easter dinner with them and Jason and Andi. We love living so close to our families!
Fun pictures from our fun weekend:



Kadin and Matthew dying Easter eggs

The finished products


Kadin joyfully looking for eggs (the mismatched pajamas are of his own making)



Depositing the goods into his basket




Discovering the fun inside the eggs





Our family all dressed up for Easter

No comments: