Monday, June 15, 2009

Happiness is . . .

an overflowing bookshelf. I was putting stuff away today and finally cleaned off the stack of books that had accumulated on the bedside table, but when I went to put them on the bookshelf, it was hard to find room for them. Looking at the books shelved neatly on the shelves and stashed haphazardly in the cupboards below just really made me smile today. The collection in our bedroom now is just the most recent finds, I have several boxes packed away in storage waiting for the day when we have the room to accomodate multiple bookshelves (or maybe the library room of my dreams). I am a book fiend; I can never read enough or have enough. I love to browse the books at Costco to find new titles to look for at the library and every once in a while I'll make a trip to Goodwill to pick up some cheap books! But I have to say my absolute favorite book store is Robert's Books in Lincoln City. Every time we go to the coast we HAVE to make a stop there. Just walking in and smelling the musty, salty air around all those books makes me smile! I can browse in there for hours and find TONS of books that I want, but I always limit myself to a reasonable number (what I think is reasonable anyway; Jeremy may disagree!). I can't wait to go over 4th of July weekend and find some new treasures! I love to hear what other people are reading . . . let me know if you find anything you love!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm a library person myself, rarely buy a book because I don't like to spend money. Most of the books on our several bookshelves are Jonathan's, he likes to spend money. I just check out 6 or so books at a time to read in a couple of weeks. =) (Yes, my home and children get neglected.)

Lori Thornbrue said...

Chelsea, have you read the Mitford series. I love them....! What about Mrs. Polifax. John Grisham (especially after they are edited...unfortunately, I am the editor of books at our house). I buy lots of books, and have tons of bookshelves full.......Garage sales, library sales and D.I. are where I shop for books except for a few 'must haves' like Harry Potter. I usually TRY to wait for the softcover, but don't always make it!