Sunday, August 22, 2010

Live to fight another day

Earlier this week, I decided to try limiting Kylee's binky use to only when she is sleeping. I was tentatively hoping that it would go somewhat smoothly, like Kadin did, but I was soooooo wrong. The first couple days were ok, just a little fussing and whining, but about mid-week, she LOST it. Every morning when I would take the binky from her, she would arch her back and scream. Unconsolable screaming for at least a half-an-hour. Same routine at naptime. So finally on Thursday or Friday, I just gave up and she is now the proud (re)owner of her beloved binky. She keeps an extra close eye on them lately; I think she is suspicious I am going to try and take them away again.

Aimie came into town this week for a quick stop-over on her way down to Medford. While Jeff is doing a rotation in Pennsylvania, she is staying in Oregon with her in-laws and Mom and Dad Sherwood. The kids and I stopped over on Tuesday night to say hi. She is looking super cute, with a cute little round pregnant tummy! Jaxon has gotten so big since we saw him last. He didn't seem to remember us and was a little hesistant about having us there. But within five minutes he and Kadin were wrestling on the floor and having the best time. I'm excited for her to come back this weekend and hang out for a while.

Last night we went up to Jason and Andi's house for a Sherwood family BBQ. It was a lot of fun to hang out there and let the kids play together. Nia was so great with Kylee and Kadin always has a blast with Justis. Kylee was kind of grumpy; I thought it was just because she hadn't really taken a nap that day, but it turns out that it was the beginning of a virus. She had a HORRIBLE night on Friday (Jeremy and I took it in turns to sit up with her on the couch because she refused to sleep in her bed) so we took her in to the doctor on Saturday. He said she had a virus and there was really nothing we could do but wait it out. So this weekend has been pretty lazy; a lot of snuggling on the couch and movies.

With my stellar immune system, I of course picked up her bug almost immediately. I was pretty sniffly and feeling gross today, so Kylee and I stayed home from church. To add insult to injury, while I was making Choffy this morning, I bumped the measuring cup coming out of the microwave and splashed boiling water all over my hand. It is NOT easy trying to wipe your nose, snuggle a baby and hold an ice pack with one hand. Luckily, it wasn't too bad and it has gone down to a slight sting instead of an insane burn.

I am already starting to think of Halloween and Christmas . . . and school hasn't even started!!! I want them to hurry up and get here because I have a lot of fun ideas that I want to do this year, but on the other hand, I need all the time I can get beforehand!

The other fun project on the docket (because I just don't have enough to do) is that Jeremy and I are talking about repainting the house. It started with me wanting to repaint Kylee's room and then Jeremy suggested doing our bedroom and the living room while we were at it. I have a really fun plan for Kylee's room and we are 90% sure about the color for downstairs. I have an idea for our bedroom, but I don't know if Jeremy is sold on it yet. Should be fun to see how it all turns out!

1 comment:

Jeff and aimie said...

We are excited to see you guys too!!! get feeling better so we can play.