Monday, August 16, 2010

Life is like a roller-coaster . . . so cliche and so overused, but so true. I go through the up of feeling like I am in control and things are running smoothly to the down of frustration and overwhelming stress. Looking at the moments of the day, I would probably say that it wasn't such a great day. But now sitting here, thinking back, it can say that it has been an up day.

Today I decided to not use the TV as a fall-back when the kids are whining and driving me nutso. Usually when Kylee takes a nap, I put on a movie for Kadin and let him watch while I doze off. Today I suggested doing other things, like playing games or reading stories. He did not take it well. Kadin has been going through a rough patch with attittude lately. He starts the day off whining and it doesn't let up for the majority of the day. For some reason his default setting is on "high-pitched whine" and it makes it REALLY hard to stay patient and not scream. But I think part of it has also been my fault; on the days when I don't feel so good, it is easier to take the easy way out and give in rather than pointlessly argue with him. Sure, it's easy, but it causes more problems in the long run. People always say that being a mom is the hardest job in the world, but I would probably have been fired by now. I plan on making more of an effort to not just take the easy way, but do the best thing for our family and kids.

In that spirit, we had Family Home Evening tonight for the first time in a long time (like so long, I think that it was the FIRST time we had it since Kadin was born). We talked about prayer and used Kadin's train set to show how each part of the prayer is a part of the train. Kadin got restless and lost his attention about halfway through, but for the first time I think we did ok. I'm hoping that the more we do it, the better it will get.

Beyond today, we took the kids to Big Truck Day at the local rec center and Kadin had a great time. I think it would have been better if it wasn't ridiculously HOT and we felt like we were melting. Kadin got to climb in the driver's seat and honk the horn of lots of trucks.

If you want to check out our last few months in pictures here are some links:
July
August
Victoria B.C.

No comments: