Monday, February 4, 2008

New Adventure

Diaper changing sucks! And not just because of the nasty stuff that it involves, but because lately 9 times out of 10 I end up getting kicked in the eye, the throat or some other part of my upper body. For some reason, Kadin has started getting really squirmy when I change his diapers. Most of the time I have to put my elbow or foot (if I'm changing him on the floor) on his chest to keep him down (sounds like great parenting, huh?). So we are embarking on the adventure of potty training. We bought the potty today, with great excitement on Kadin's part. He was thrilled when we opened it and proceeded to climb on and off it. He kept pointing to the big toilet and telling me "Mommy's" and then pointed to his own and said "Kadin's". I didn't want him to start thinking the potty is a toy so I told him we would use it before we got in the bath tonight. Unfortunately, this started a meltdown. Hopefully when potty time comes around tonight, he'll be just as excited! Cross your fingers!

3 comments:

Sarah and Doug said...

Good luck with that fun adventure! I hope you are well!!

Cari said...

Jacob is getting to that point too, but we arent quite to the potty. Although he is just fastinated with the potty. At least he is getting to the point where he knows when he is doing his buisness, he usually tells us. So I am hoping that will lead us down that potty training road soon. You will have to keep me posted on how its going. Your pictures look great. You guys are a cute family!

Andi Sherwood said...

I hope it goes well. :) I love the pull-up diapers too. They help with the squirminess if you find the potty training doesn't go so well. :)

:)