Monday, February 4, 2008

Title explanation

After I sent out the e-mail about my blog, I got a couple questions about the title (and very helpful hints on how to let people comment on this; thanks!). It's from the BOM, but the significance to me comes from a talk by S. Michael Wilcox called "The Fourth Watch". My mom sent it to me when Jeremy and I were in Idaho and I was in the throes of utter yuck and nastiness with being sick and frustrated and just about to throw up my hands and cry "uncle". This talk gave me a whole new perspective on life and every time I need a little boost or reminder that I can handle what I've been given, I listen to it again.
Basically the "tight like unto a dish" idea is that if you feel that God isn't answering your prayers or relieving your burdens, maybe it's because your ship is "tight like unto a dish" or you don't need to be relieved because He knows you can handle it. With everything that has happened in my life in the health department there have been times when I have definitely not felt "tight like unto a dish"; more like a sieve! But I know that I have been given these challenges because this is what will teach me and strech me in the ways that I need the most.
So there it is: tight like unto a dish (some days!)
I totally recommend finding that talk; it is so great in so many ways!

4 comments:

Andi Sherwood said...

I thought your title was funny since Jason and Jeremy were saying "Tight like unto a dish" just the other night. :) I would love to borrow that talk sometime. :)

Cari said...

I think you have always been such a strong example, and person. Chels, life dishes us a lot sometimes, and you are handeling it BEAUTIFULLY. We are all allowed to have those hard days, we are only human! If you ever need someone to talk to, you should call me Id love to catch up. You will get through anything that life gives you, cause I know how strong you are. Your awesome. Oh, and we paid 206,000 but thats after a 25,000 discount because it was through Patrick's company. Gotta love overpriced Utah! Oh well, you gotta do it someday.

Chelsea said...

Can't complain about discounts!!! How many square feet is your house? It looks amazing! I bet you can't wait to get in there!

Cari said...

1500 its small... but it will be just fine for our needs. We are so excited. A few weeks to go! Hooray!