Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fatty McFat Fat

That is what I feel like today; a total Fatty McFat Fat. Another side-effect of all this pre-moving craziness is that I feel too beat to even think of what to cook for dinner so we have been eating a bunch of take-out or quick and crappy food. I feel nasty as a result. But, I have had a couple really good things this week; good to eat, not good for me. So I thought I would share the yummies.

Raspberry Pretzel Salad
I made this for the birthday party we had for Justis and Kadin as an experiment and it turned out GREAT! Sweet, salty and almost a cup of butter . . . YUM!!!!

3/4 cup butter
2 1/2 cups thin pretzel sticks (I used the normal shaped ones)
1 (8 oz.) pacakage cream cheese
1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
1 large package raspberry Jello
2 (10 oz.) packages frozen raspberries, undrained and slightly thawed
1 (15 1/2 oz) can crushed pineapple undrained

Melt butter and pour into a 9x13 inch pan. Break pretzels in half and pat evenly into the pan. Bake 10 minutes at 400. Remove from oven and cool.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, Cool whip, and sugar. Dab on top of pretzels and spread to edges of pan. Refrigerate for an hour.
Bring water to a boil. Completely dissolve jello in boiling water and cool in refrigerator until syrupy. Add slightly thawed raspberries and crushed pineapple and stir. Pour carefully over top of cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate overnight or several hours until firm. Makes 12 servings.

The other taste treat I discovered were these Lemon Ricotta Biscuits. They are a yummy muffin/cupcake/biscuit!

I have enjoyed the food, but now I am going to start enjoying in more moderation!

1 comment:

Andi Sherwood said...

I can attest to the yumminess of the Raspberry Pretzel Salad. It was soooo good! Thanks for bringing it. :)

Love you lots!

:)