Sunday, June 29, 2008

Been a while

It's been a while since I've posted on here and looking back I was hoping it was because we have been extremely busy lately and life has been keeping me so occupied that I simply didn't have time. But in all reality, life has been keeping me just plain tired! At the end of the day, typing anything seems like just too much effort; isn't that pathetic?

But life will be speeding up this week; I've got quite a bit on my plate. I have three doctor's appointments (why do I think it is such a great idea to lump them all together? It just means I need to find more babysitters!!!!). On top of that, I need to get packed up for the trip Jeremy and I are taking next week. For Christmas, my mom and dad decided to take all of us kids on an Alaskan cruise. I am so excited to go! Unlimited food . . . . sleeping in (sometimes) . . . . and a week-long break from being a mom . . . . sounds good to me!!! But, I need to get all packed up and ready by Thursday, so we can have fun on Friday and then take off Saturday morning. I also need to get Kadin's stuff all ready to go to Mom Sherwood's house and the house clean in case anyone shows up for a showing.

Speaking of which, I had a couple interesting house showing experiences lately. On Monday, we decided to drop the price on our house. There are a couple new townhouse subdivisions going in really close to us and if we wait until those are built we will most likely have a tougher time selling, so we figure we should get out now while we can still get an okay price for it. Anyways, since we've dropped the price we have had more traffic coming through to look at the house, which is good and bad. Good because more people looking means more chance someone will buy, but bad because I always have to be ready to evacuate. One day, after Kadin and I had come home and crashed after a busy day of playing in the pool at my mom's house, the phone rang and there was a realtor asking if he could come and look at the house . . . in 15 minutes. Thankfully, Jeremy and I had cleaned the house really well a couple days before so I just had to zip around and pick up bits and pieces. Then I had to fight Kadin back in his pants and we popped outside and just hung out around the corner until they came and went. I was trying to be low-key so they wouldn't notice us, but our cover was blown when Kadin saw them, pointed and yelled "In our house!!!" oh well.

Then last night we had another realtor call to show our house today between 12 and 1. I left church early with Kadin to make sure that everything was clean and perfect and then we left and went to my mom's house. Kadin was a handful, throwing the newspaper around, climbing on everything and just plain going crazy. I was exhausted and couldn't wait to go home. I got home, put Kadin down for his nap and crashed on the bed for a nap of my own. About 1/2 hour later, just as I was nodding off, I heard a knock on the door and Jeremy talking to someone. Listening more, I realized that this was the realtor . . . an hour late! So I dragged myself out of bed and went downstairs. We told them Kadin was sleeping in the upstairs bedroom and they could peek in. Apparently they weren't exceptionally quiet because he was up and whining 5 minutes after they left. So much for nap time! Frustrating!!!!!

4 comments:

From The Heart said...

If you need a babysitter I don't have a job yet :) And we should do lunch sometime after your cruise!!

Michaelangelo said...

House selling is a nightmare! Hope it goes fast now... because it's such a pain to keep everything spic and span and get out of the house when people come over. My neighbor did day care so she had 6 kids during the day and people coming to look at the house all the time- she was always stressed out! I think it would be enough of a challenge with my own 3 kids!! Good luck! And WOW! How exciting to go on an Alaskan Cruise! That should be SO fun! Take lots of pictures!!

Cari said...

Lucky girl. that will be a lot of fun, and it sounds like time away from the kid too...? That will be amazing. I know you'll miss him, but its still a good break. Hopefully the house process will kick into full gear while you are away and dont have to tidy up every second of every day. I feel your pain... well not really but yesterday I got into a cleaning kick after reading yoru blog. I am not even half way done and totally exhausted. Hope the doc apts go well. love ya

Andi Sherwood said...

That doesn't sound like much fun. I'm sorry! I am so excited for you to go on the cruise though. That will be awesome!

:)