Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's a . . . .

GIRL! If you couldn't tell by the color change on the blog background, we are thinking pink in our house after the ultrasound this morning. The baby was not very cooperative, she was sitting down really low and all curled up so the ultrasound tech had quite a hard time getting all the measurements that she wanted. Then towards the end of the ultrasound she started to look for the gender stuff and after a lot of wiggling and pushing and somewhat painful pokes from the tech, she declared it a girl.

Jeremy and I are both really excited about this new addition to our family. It really feels like it completes us, Mommy, Daddy, brother and sister. We took Kadin with us to the doctor's appointment and he got to see the baby in Mommy's tummy. While we were sitting there watching, he was making comments like "Hold still Mommy" and "See baby", but he pipes up with "Hab it" (have it). I looked at him and said "Have what?" He pointed at the ultrasound screen and said "Have baby. Baby come out" We had to explain that the baby needs to stay in Mommy's tummy for a while longer and get bigger, but it will come out soon and he will have a baby sister. I think it might be kind of starting to make an impact that there is actually another person coming to join our family.

The other good news is that the baby is looking good, all the measurements came out great on the ultrasound, she is measuring about a week smaller than her gestational age, but that has been consistent all along so it looks like we will be looking forward to another itty-bitty baby! The doctor told me that my case was pretty boring this time around; but in my world, boring is good!!!!

6 comments:

jamieschip said...

Congrats!! How perfect! I'm glad everything looked so good. I'm sure Kadin will love his baby sister. Have fun shopping for pink... be careful though, it's addicting! Take care, Jamie (Call) Schipaanboord

Jeff and aimie said...

I am so excited for you!! you can trade in the trucks for dolls and bows!!! yeah!!! I keep telling Jeff he better get it right this next time!!! Love ya

Cari said...

Yay! I have a way harder time stopping myself from buying my nieces girly clothes than buying my own little guy some new stuff. It will be fun to go pink and girly. One day it will be me!!! :) ALthough, not too soon... gotta get this little stinker out first. lol. Well I am glad all looks well. What great news! Love ya!

Michaelangelo said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Baby girls are so much fun!

Miriam said...

Yeah! Girls are so fun, but that's all I know. She's going to have Jeremy wrapped around her little finger just like my girls have their dad. Be warned that when they get a little older they become major Daddy's girls! That is so fun though. I love to see them loving their dad. So fun. I hope Kadin does well with her, at least he's starting to understand a little bit. That will help. Good luck! I'm so glad things are going well so far.

Andi Sherwood said...

We are so excited for you guys! Nia is bursting with joy that it is a girl. :)

:)