Tuesday, September 2, 2008

All is right

Today was one of those rare days when I actually felt like I was ahead of the game. I woke up this morning feeling fairly gross (lots of congestions, body aches, etc.) and was actually thinking it would be a day to simply survive. I had laundry creeping out of our closet, dishes stacked in the sink and just lots of stuff everywhere (why is it that the house always explodes during the weekend?). Surprisingly, I got through the laundry pretty quickly(including some of the folding, which usually takes me forever to do), and picked up the house as Kadin and I played around in the morning (he likes to chase me with his super arms, so I strategically led the chase into the rooms where I needed to go put things away! multitasking at its best!). We even got to play outside and best of all, Kadin played in his sandbox by himself for 1/2 an hour, which gave me time to work on some scrapbooking! It's been a full and productive day and I don't feel totally wiped out at the end of it! All is right in my world!

I feel like I am slowly, but surely getting my life and house in order so I can use the tiny moments of spare time I have better. I have been working on getting all the kitchen cabinets organized (and they will stay that way, I am determined), going through all the filing in the study and shredding a bunch of out-of-date papers that were cluttering things up and just generally clearing up the "stuff" that seems to overwhelm life. But out of all of that, I think the thing I am most excited about is I finally got all the pictures I had stuck in various boxes and envelopes sorted and put away in a good system so they are easy to find! And I got most of our digital pictures sorted chronologically so I can find them easily on the computer. I hope that being able to keep track of all out pictures will make myscrapbooking easier, and maybe I can spend time actually doing something with the pictures instead of trying to track them down!!!

2 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

What a fantastic day! I am still in the "house is exploded" phase... oh well. At least one of us got a lot accomplished today! Good for you getting in some scrapbooking too. That is the thing on my to do list that always gets pushed back to tomorrow. :)

Jeff and aimie said...

Sounds like a very eventful day. I know know how hard it is to keep the house clean and get the clothes washed and folded. Put them away is the hard part for me. everytime i get close to being done, jaxon cries! But oh well right!! it will get done some time!