Sunday, September 14, 2008

Flying Solo

Jeremy took off yesterday for a business trip to London and India. He's going to be gone until the 24th, which will make this the longest time we have been apart since we've been married! Thankfully I have bunches of family in the area so I am not totally alone, but it's still rough having him gone.

This past week before Jeremy took off was a whirlwind; I think we were off to somewhere or doing something every night of the week. Some were for fun, others were for church callings, but it all kept us pretty busy.

Towards the end of the week we got to some of the more fun things. Thursday we went to the Portland Street of Dreams. We had some snags getting there (miscommunication on when and where to meet, confusion on how to get there, etc.), but once we made it, it was a great time! The houses were beautiful, as always, but Jeremy and I both decided that we are much simpler people. I would not want to have a ginormous house for a couple reasons:
1. I would not want to clean it (but I guess if you are rich enough to afford such a big house, you are rich enough to hire someone to clean it)
2. It feels lonely to have so much space; you could go a whole day in some of those houses without running into another person
3. I would probably lose Kadin! He would run away and hide somewhere when he had a poopy diaper and I wouldn't find him for three days!

Friday night we had our big family September birthday party. Between all the extended family, we have four birthdays pretty close in September (me, Andi, Nia and my dad) so we decided a couple years ago to celebrate them all together. We went over to Mom and Dad Sherwood's for some birthday fun and dessert. I love it when Kadin can get together with his cousins; he goes crazy whenever we say that we get to see Nia and Justis. I love that they have such a fun relationship and we live close enough that they can all be friends instead of just cousins.

Busy week, but lots of fun things! Now I am just counting down the days until Jeremy comes home!

2 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

Wow! Good luck by yourself! How exciting for Jeremy to get to travel... I'm jealous! Glad you have family around to give you a break once in a while, because being a full time mommy can be exhausting :)

Michaelangelo said...

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the way. I remembered on Saturday that it was your birthday, but I wasn't anywhere near the computer when the thought hit me... so of course now I'm a few days late. Happy Birthday anyway!! Hope you had a great one! Sounds like a fun family party- those are the best!