Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just checking

I just wanted to get a couple of other opinions to make sure that I am not going crazy . . . take a look at this card and tell me what you see.

Beyond the typical receptionist scrawl, does it not say that I have an appointment for Wed. September 17th at 10 am with Dr. Riddick. IT DOES?!?!?! That's the same thing that I thought, until I showed up at the office and the receptionist looked like I was speaking a foreign language when I told her I was there for my 10 o'clock appointment with Dr. Riddick. She told me that I couldn't possibly have an appointment with him because he wasn't even in the office. I didn't have the card to verify the appointment so she went to look in the computer. She continued on to tell me that I don't even have a future appointment in the books, so it wasn't like I had shown up on the wrong day, I'm sure in her mind I looked like some hypochondriac who HAD to be at the doctor's office. Right, like I would haul my active 2 year old son around the hospital for kicks and giggles! She looked in the doctor's notes to confirm why I was there for the appointment, to check on me mid-way through my pregnancy to make sure my lung function was still okay, and lo-and-behold, she can't even find mention of my pregnancy and nothing about a followup appointment until next January. By this time I was getting pretty frustrated, because while they are back doing whatever they are doing to prove to themselves that this was my screwup not theirs, Kadin is going bonkers in the waiting room (did I mention we had already been to one doctor's appointment this morning?). Finally she came back and was about to write me off and I said "I remember having the appointment card written because the woman who wrote it commented that it was her birthday" The receptionist looked at me in total shock and said "It's MY birthday today . . . I am SOOOOOO sorry!" Then she went off on this big long monologue of how it must not have gotten entered in the computer and she's never done this before . . . blah . blah . blah . . . . She made me another appointment and put me at the top of the "in case of cancellation" list. What I really wanted to say (even though I never would be able to because I am so anti-confrontational) "So does this mean you will be reimbursing me for the gas it took to drive here and back home, giving me some kind of restitution for the stress of bringing my child to a doctor's appointment and waiting for 20 minutes while you tried to figure out your own mistakes, and maybe throw in a little extra for your general incompetence?" After all this is the doctor's office that will charge you $100 for a no-show appointment and cancel your appointment if you are more than 10 minutes late. But they can no-show on their appointments by just not scheduling them and they run more than 10 minutes late be default . . . . . .where is the equality!!!!!

There is my doctor's office rant for a while. for the most part everything runs really smoothly at the offices I have to go to. There are a couple that I know I might be waiting longer, one that I know will be ridiculously slow, but this out of the blue craziness just makes me want to scream!

2 comments:

From The Heart said...

I bet whenever they actually scheduled your appointment (who knows when that could be) they'll try to charge you for a no-show forgetting this "little" error of theirs, what a crazy amount of stress with nothing to show for it! Frustrating

Michaelangelo said...

That is so annoying Chelsea! Nothing worse than dragging kids around for no reason!! Just wait til you have 2!!