Saturday, September 27, 2008

quick catchup

Couple fun things this week:

- Jeremy got home safe and sound from England/India. I was so excited to see him and it was just about the greatest thing in the world to go to bed that night NOT ALONE! He came home feeling pretty nasty from all the traveling (he got seated next to someone who got airsick and barfed nearly the whole 15 hour flight from India to Chicago) and the time change, but after going to bed at 6 and sleeping through the night, he woke up feeling much more normal. The last few nights he has been waking up really early because he is still working on a different clock, but we're slowly getting back to normal. He got home on Wednesday and took the rest of the week off, minus a company golf event (like he was going to miss that one!). It was so great to have him home all the time and to be able to spend all that time together.

- I had another doctor's appointment for the baby this week. One of the few and far between benefits of having CSS is that my baby gets to be very photographed. We had our fourth ultrasound on Wednesday, to check the baby's heart and growth, and everything still looks great. Everything that is supposed to be there is there and the right size and so far no surprises. And she is still a girl; I actually asked the tech to double check for me! My biggest paranoia is a surprise on the delivery table! I'll post all the ultrasounds as soon as I get them in the computer so you can see the growth of our little girl.

- We have decided on a name for the newest Sherwood. Jeremy wanted to keep with the "K" names, which narrowed down our options quite a bit. So one night we were flipping through the name book and I came across Kylee and thought that was pretty and also kind of cool because it's like Kyle, who is one of Jeremy's best friends and was a big part of our dating/early married life because he was a roommate of Jeremy's during that first time. We both love Kyle to pieces and think he is one of the greatest people we know, so it was kind of fun to think of naming our little girl after him. After I talked to Jeremy about it, he said that he liked that the last part of the name was "Lee" like his middle name and then both our kids will have his "Lee" in their names. So for all of those reasons, we have picked Kylee for our little girl's name.

We also picked a middle name. We both wanted it to be something meaningful and family related, but we were a little stumped as to what direction to go in. My first thought was "Lela", my maternal grandmother's name. She died when I was 7 of breast cancer and her death made a huge impact on my life because she was the quintessential grandmother when I was growing up and I loved her to pieces. But I didn't like how Lela sounded with Kylee, with the "le" sounds, so I was a little stumped. Then Jeremy asked what my mom's middle name one and As I thought about it, it sounded really with Kylee and Sherwood. So, the final name (unless something absolutely AMAZING comes along in the meantime) is . . . . . . . .

KYLEE JEAN SHERWOOD

3 comments:

jamieschip said...

It's a beautiful name. I'm really excited for you guys. I'm also happy that Jeremy made it back safely and that you are no longer sleeping alone at night. (I hate when Jake is gone on business trips for that very reason.) Nights like those I'm thankful for our dog! :)

Jeff and aimie said...

From Jeff: We cant wait to meet Kylee, I definitely will be her favorite uncle(thats a challenge to all uncle! Devon-you're going down). And since I will be here favorite uncle, her middle name should be Jeffina, thats pretty! It has a nice ring to it. We are so happy for you, so glad its a girl! Cant wait to meet her! See you guys soon.

Michaelangelo said...

I love it! What a beautiful and meaningful name! Glad you're no longer a single mom and that your pregnancy is going so well!